TEST PAGE: NOT FOR USE
Thank you for considering a Year 10 Work Experience Placement with the Devon & Cornwall Police. We are unable to offer operational placements for under 18’s due to Health & Safety reasons; but welcome applications for type of placement we do offer. As an Equal Opportunity Employer all applicants will be treated fairly and will be subject to a Police Check. Please follow the list of guidance below to ensure your best chance of securing the placement of your choice: –
- If the date of your School/College/Academy is not the same at the two weeks we offer, you will need to speak with your work experience co-ordinator, as we do not offer placements outside of these dates. Whilst we have no set entry criteria for acceptance, we often take into consideration involvement in positive activities such as: Community Police Cadets, Duke of Edinburgh’s Award, Sports Leader, Public Services or Peer mentoring.
- All applicants will be notified as whether they have been successful in securing a placement soon as possible, you may however be required to be interviewed as part of this process.
- Applications are accepted from October to April, offering a maximum of 30 places per course.
- Treat this application as if it is a real job you are applying for.
- You will need to arrange your own transport to and from your placement location and also provide your own lunch and refreshments. Dress will be White Shirt/Blouse (capable of being worn with a tie) and Black Trousers/Skirt and shoes. Police Cadets will be expected to wear Police Cadet uniform.