What is County Lines?
Gangs and organised criminal networks export illegal drugs out of bigger cities into smaller towns.
They use dedicated mobile phone lines to make drug deals.
They can exploit children and vulnerable adults to move and store drugs and money.
They will often use coercion, intimidation, violence and weapons.
Did you know?
- 15 – 16 years old is the most common age of children being used to courier drugs.
- Both boys and girls are exploited.
- White British children are targeted.
- Often social media is used to make initial contact.
- Class A drug users are often targeted so that gangs can cuckoo them.